History

HFT64.jpg
HFT auf Facebook      HFT auf Twitter   HFT auf Youtube   HFT und Snapchat

From a State School of Civil Engineering to Stuttgart Polytechnic

1964 Renaming
The School was renamed the „State School of Civil Engineering and State School of Construction, Stuttgart“.
1965 New examination regulations
With the introduction of new examination regulations the school was split into the following departments: Architecture, Civil Engineering, Surveying and Foundation Studies.
1967 New Director
Professor Ludwig Hilmar Kresse (1914 – 1985) became head of the Department of Civil Engineering in 1963 and in 1967 he was elected School Director. Under his leadership the State School of Construction became a Polytechnic. He became its first rector and instigated its further expansion.
1968 Student unrest
The following years were marked by student unrest, strikes and demonstrations. As a result of the various discussions student representatives and academic assistant staff were accepted as full voting members onto executive committees.